The first Redemptorists arrived at Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré in 1878. They came from the United States. They were replaced in 1879 by Redemptorists coming from Belgium who established the Congregation in Canada.
The Redemptorists faced a huge challenge. They were called to take over from diocesan priests and to assure a multi-faceted ministry:
A ministry offering a warm welcome to all people, including the sick and handicapped, from the four corners of the world.
A ministry of the Word through the proclamation of the Good News.
A ministry offering pastoral counselling, as well as the sacrament of reconciliation.
A ministry of prayer, through the sacraments and popular devotions.
A ministry collaborating with young people, as with the Youth Pastoral Team.
A ministry offering various publications, such as the Annals of Saint Anne and the Catholic Almanac.
A ministry offered through music, history, and fine arts.
For more information about our community, please contact us at 418-827-3781 or send us an e-mail.